Kolekolek Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quotes Of The Day 26

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arabella
member baru
Arabella

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2007-03-19

Quotes Of The Day 26 Empty
PostSubject: Quotes Of The Day 26   Quotes Of The Day 26 EmptyTue 5 Jun 2007 - 18:34

But true love is a durable fire,
In the mind ever burning,
Never sick, never old, never dead,
From itself never turning. -- Sir Walter Raleigh

Press on- nothing can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Perseverance and determination alone are omnipotent. -- Calvin Coolidge

The only people who achieve much are those who want knowledge so badly that they seek it while the conditions are still favorable. Favorable conditions never come. -- C.S. Lewis

From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being.

You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand. -- Woodrow Wilson

A handful of pine-seed will cover mountains with the green majesty of forest. I too will set my face to the wind and throw my handful of seed on high. -- William Sharp

Competition is a by-product of productive work, not its goal. A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -- Ayn Rand

We are more ready to try the untried when what we do is inconsequential. Hence the remarkable fact that many inventions had their birth as toys. -- Eric Hoffer

Someone has defined genius as intensity of purpose: the ability to do, the patience to wait. . . . Put these together and you have genius, and you have achievement. -- Leo J. Muir

The longer I live the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company . . . a church . . . a home.
-- Charles Swindoll
Back to top Go down

Quotes Of The Day 26
Page 1 of 1